Main Menu

Pike County CARES Act Housing Assistance Program

Recognizing that COVID-19 may have made it difficult for some of our residents to stay up to date on mortgage*, rent, or utilities, Pike County has established a Housing Assistance Program through the CARES Act funding received from the US Treasury.
CLICK HERE – Pike County CARES Act Housing Assistance Program

Applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis as long as funds are available, and individual assistance is available for up to four months of rent/mortgage/utilities, not to exceed $1, 750.00** per household. Only complete applications with all required supporting documentation will be considered.

To be eligible applicants must:

  • Submit an application with required supporting documentation
  • Own or rent a home which is their/my primary residence in Pike County.
  • Have experienced a documentable loss or reduction in employment income after March1, 2020 as a result of the Coronavirus that resulted in an inability to make one or more mortgage*, rent or utility payments.
  • Have the ability to document proof of late/defaulted payment.
  • Not have resources available (ie: Savings) to correct the default.
  • Not have any household members that work for or serve in an official capacity for Pike County or any other entity associated with Pike County CARES Committee.
  • Applications can be printed from the Pike County website,, or picked up at the Pike County Commission Office, 230 Waverly Plaza, Waverly, OH, Monday through Friday (8:30am to 4pm).

    Completed applications with ALL supporting documentation can be emailed to or or returned to the PikeCounty Auditor’s Office.

    *For mortgage assistance: original mortgage must be less than $200,000 and assistance payments will not include property taxes (if escrowed).

    **All grantees will be issued with a 1099-G {Certain Government Payments, if, as a unit of federal, state or local government, you made payments of unemployment compensation; state or local income tax refunds, credits, or offsets; reemployment trade adjustment assistance. (RTAA) payments; taxable grants; or agricultural payments.}

    It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to determine or to seek independent advice to determine the tax implications to the applicants and its owner.