2 ½% Owner Occupancy Tax Reduction
Find out if you qualify for the 2 ½% Owner Occupancy Tax Reduction:
To receive the 2 ½% tax reduction, you must:
(1) Own the home; and
(2) Occupy the home as your principal place of residence.
The reduction applies to the home site and the home itself. It does not apply to:
(1) Rental homes or apartments;
(2) Homes occupied by someone other than the owner;
(3) Homes owned by corporations, partnerships, associations or groups;
(4) Units within a building primarily for retail, commercial or other non-residential purposes;
(5) Manufactured or mobile homes purchased prior to 2000; and
(6) Excess acreage over one acre.
Please check your tax bills to see if you are already receiving the reduction. Applications may be picked up from and filed with the County Auditor’s office between January 1 and the first Monday in June each year.
- Application for Owner-Occupancy Tax Reduction PDF Fill-In PDF